MINUTES: The COTMD meeting for November 5, 2001
The following persons were present:
Nancy Stone Collum
* The meeting began with a review of the previous meeting.
* The minutes of the previous meeting were then approved by a vote.
* COTMD expenses were reviewed.
The treasury has a total of $468.25 of available funds.
* A motion was made to accept the treasurur's report. The motion
was seconded, and approved by vote.
* The current status of the upcoming dance schedule was reviewed and
discussed. As of this time, the venue for November, December and
January through June is set (ie. Arsenal Hill).
* A discussion was held as to the feasibility of having Karen Delgado
& Out of the woods play for us. This included a sidebar discussion
about coordinating with the charleston dance group through Beth Rice.
Contact info was provided via the agenda.
* A brief discussion was held on the subject of the water cooler and manning
the dance table. Nancy will continue to arrive early to man the table for
at least the immediate future. Jonathan Giesler has an extra water cooler
which he has offered to transfer ownership of to COTMD. He will bring along
this cooler the next time he attends a dance.
* Dianne requested that someone relieve her of the "membership chair"
the tasks she has been handling. Debbie agreed to take on this
Debbie asked Dianne to provide copies of the blank yellow membership
facilitate this task.
* Dianne reported that Nancy is interested in carpooling to Charlotte for the
Charlotte dance that immediatly follows thanksgiving. The elftones are the
featured band for this event. Please contact Nancy Stone-Collum if
* A brief discussion about the need to pursue funding and grants was held. Connie offered to get more info about some grant possibilities she is aware of.
* Dianne announced that the next meeting of the board is scheduled for Jan
* The meeting was adjourned.