1) A COTMD board member is a member of COTMD during their term of office. The by-laws define term of office as one year, July 1-June 30. A board member’s service satisfies the by-laws’ requirement for “dues”. Board members are elected (see last item below).
2) A person paying a membership fee (currently $25) is a member of COTMD for one year following payment of the fee. This fee satisfies the by-laws’ requirement for “dues”. Persons paying a membership fee may have their admission price reduced to dances. Anyone paying a membership fee or donating any amount money to COTMD may claim a tax deduction, as COTMD is a not-for-profit organization.
3) Only members of COTMD may vote at the membership meetings, including the annual membership meeting at which officers are elected. Normally this is the only membership meeting held each year.
4) Only COTMD board members may vote at board meetings. We usually hold board meetings on the first Monday of odd-numbered months, with two exceptions.
- a) The May board meeting is normally replaced by a membership meeting at which the COTMD board members are elected. If necessary, this meeting may be preceded or followed by a board meeting at which the outgoing board may conduct any remaining business for the year.
b) There is no meeting in July.