MINUTES: The COTMD meeting for March 4, 2002
The following persons were present:
Nancy Stone Collum
* The meeting began with a review of the previous meeting.
* The minutes of the previous meeting were then approved by a vote.
* The current status of the upcoming dance schedule was reviewed and discussed. As of this time, the venue through MArch and April is set (ie. Arsenal Hill).
* A brief discussion was held regarding the phone numbers posted on our fliers.
* COTMD expenses were reviewed. The treasury has a total of $290.25 of available funds. This started a discussion on the possibility of finding or creating local callers to save money.
* A motion was made to accept the treasurur's report. The motion was seconded, and approved by vote.
* A discussion was held on the subject of "Who are the new members?" and the current status of the membership list.
* A discussion was held regarding a typographical error in the bylaws, and the necessity to correct that, possibly at the annual meeting, which happens to be the next meeting.
* A nominating committee was created, consisting of Fred Drusakis and Debbie Samples, to which more members can be added if needed.
* A discussion was held regarding the importance of creating socialization opportunities for the dance community. The Hunter-Gatherer was identified as a possibly ideal spot for after-dance social gathering.
* Connie is continuing to look in to the possibility of going after grant funding.
* The meeting was adjourned.