Present: Virginia, Fred, Dianne, Natalie, Victor.
Minutes of the March meeting were approved as read and posted.
The Treasurer's report was discussed. We had a loss of $108 in March in $128 in April.
Our attendance in March was 35 dancers and 41 for April.
- No additional Board members yet
- We are still trying to recruit students and other community members
- There was no change in the efforts to improve our attendance. Victor is working on implementing the Facebook advertisement approved by the Board in March.
- The old speaker were sold to Jonathan; payment is still pending.
- Fee for Contrarians: the Board agreed to modify the agreed-to fee and then offset the difference by asking for donations
- Election of Officers: officers were confirmed as established in previous meetings. Victor will remain as President, Marguerite as Vice-President, John as Secretary, and Virginia as Treasurer.
- Appointment of Board Members: all Board members were voted back in.
Work In Progress
- Mailchimp and newsletter: no report. We know that Mailchimp has been set-up successfully and that the newsletter have gone out.
- Contra Dance Video: Aaron did an excellent job with the video and we have used it to promote dances.
- [Victor] Buttons: we have not ordered these yet.
- [Victor] Pot luck in July? The Board decided not to have the potluck in July (usually a low attendance dance). We will do another potluck perhaps in September.
- [Victor/Aaron] New website: no report on this.
Next Meeting: July 11, 2017